Welcome to the The /co/nservatory WikiThe wiki for /co/ original content
Frequently asked questionsEdit
For people who need to lurk moar. This will be expanded as more questions are brought to my attention. I am convinced no one actually reads this.
What is this wiki for?
The /co/nservatory Wiki was created in an effort to catalog all of the creative projects, original ideas/content of 4chan's Comics & Cartoons image board: /co/.
These topics are usually discussed in "/co/ creations" (/coc/) threads, but are not limited to them as OC can pop up in any thread.
What counts as OC?
Original content being characters, locations, settings, events, projects, and "memes" to an extent.
These can include, but are not limited to:
- Characters/settings made by someone for the purpose of sharing with /co/ and making comics starring those characters.
- Something explicitly stated to be made for /co/.
- An inserted character or a modification to a setting, like an AU or fanfiction.
- Typo generated characters where a character is created via expanding on a misspelling, or character mash-ups that eventually evolve into something more than just a fusion.
- A persistent/scheduled noticeable phenomenon.
Some non-/co/ OC exceptions are made (such as board-tans) as they tie-in closely with some /co/ OCs.
What's a /co/verse?
A /co/verse is the common term used for a /co/ created universe. Each /co/verse has its own continuity. What happens in one /co/verse doesn't happen in another /co/verse unless otherwise specified.
This allows there to be as many versions of the same character as necessary without any continuity conflicts. It's necessary because all /co/ created content is free to use and there is rarely any coordination between the content creators.
Where can I find more pics of this character?
If you're looking specifically for pics of /co/nrad or /co/lette, then the board-tan shimmie is the best place to find them (even though /co/lette is not a board-tan, pics of her are allowed on there).
Don't be stupid. This is a place for gathering information so others can get a baseline for the character/setting/whatever. The information is often volatile since a lot of /co/ projects are constantly being re-worked or expanded upon, expect things to become out of date quickly.