It's the "Golden Age" where truth and justice always prevail thanks to the Comic Code. Silver Queen and her sidekick Golden Girl are the defenders of Platinum City with their quick wits, quips, and acrobatics. However, some big changes have recently come rolling in with Golden Girl on the cups of womanhood. Now the fog of the code is thinning from her eyes as she begins to notice the irregularities around her for what we, the readers, would see them as and maneuver herself around them.
- Sarah Sterling - A.k.a Silver Queen. Heiress to Sterling Steelworks (a mining and steel manufacturing conglomerate), Sarah was a wealthy industrialist traveling on business in South America when her plane crashed into the jungle. Only Sarah and her guide, Lucia Delgado, survived the crash and ended up discovering an ancient tomb of the Atlantean royal family in exile, which contained the Bands of Boudica (a pair of magical Atlantean bracers). The Bands are enchanted to only be worn by those with pure hearts or a just cause, and can change shape to fit wrists of any size. The Bands exponentially increase the fighting prowess, strength, and durability of the wearer, turning the weak into strong warriors, and the already strong into veritable demigods of power. However, in the hands of those with evil intent, the Bands will gradually lose their power and turn into useless stone. Wearing the Bands of Boudica, serious Sarah Sterling turns over a new leaf as the jovial super-heroine Silver Queen! After volunteering her new abilities to the American WWII effort, Sarah Sterling returned home to Platinum City where she converted her rooftop penthouse mansion, Sterling Manor, into a secret crime fighting fortress with the operations help of Lucìa. Sarah still retains an oversight role in her business empire, but her main efforts have been in keeping Platinum City safe from villainy, founding the Sorority of Sentinels, and training her ward and sidekick, Golden Girl.
- Audrey Page - A.k.a. Golden Girl, the true heroine of the story despite being the sidekick of Silver Queen. She's passionate about her work, but much more practical about it than her mentor. A talented acrobat, before puberty set in she was able to jump, swing, flip, and parkour with the best of them; she also trained in boxing, so her punches pack a wallop. Her ample chest is filtered from the perception of every single person in the setting who doesn't have immunity to the Comic Code. She herself has full immunity and just rolls with anything she finds out of place to the best of her abilities. Her chest is only ever a source of physical comedy and is never acknowledged by anyone other than her own thoughts or her rival.
- Iris Lodell - A girl who attends Audrey's school who inexplicably is also immune to the Comic Code. She cannot comprehend how no one else is able to tell that Audrey Page is in fact Golden Girl. She desperately wishes to prove this and find some self-vindication, but this may lead her down a dark road.
- Lucìa Delgado - Hired by Sarah Sterling while in Argentina during a trip to South America for her knowledge in several regional dialects and connections with all sorts of people (after her family was thrown down in the coup of the 1930's she led a very rough life). Becoming good friends, and with the promise of steady pay, Lucìa agreed to come work for Sarah when the time came for her to fly back to North America. She serves as a housekeeper and also the head of staff at her manor.
The Sorority of SentinelsFounded by Silver Queen, they are a group of extraordinary women dedicated to protecting the people from villainous attacks.
- Black Rose - After cutting her teeth as a covert operative and sniper for the French Resistance in WWII, the super spy known only as Black Rose became famous in international intelligence circles for her ruthless pursuit of escaped Nazis and other political ne'er-do-wells for both the French and American governments. She now works for the SOS as the resident tactician and worldwide strategist, personally handling the super team's covert operations. As the femme fatale of the SOS, she's known to "clouds men's minds" and extract information from any target with her combination of feminine wiles and secret CIA hypno-training. In the field Black Rose prefers to operate in the shadows, but is handy with her pair of custom, deadly silent "Thorn" pistols when danger calls.
- Connie Cosmos - A product of the star-crossed union of human astronaut John Cosmos and the Queen of Mars, Connie Cosmos, heir to the Martian Matriarchy, has been sent by her mother to Earth to learn about her human heritage. Connie's thrill-seeking nature has led her to join the SOS where she's often the first to zip into the fray, providing aerial support with her golden jet-belt and ray gun. She's also the team's communication expert, using the advanced martian technology of her royal helm to tune into and translate any radio or tele-signal. Between escapades, Connie likes to retire to her personal flying saucer parked on top of the SOS Lighthouse, which houses a gauzy pleasure palace replete with martian manservants that attend to her every need.
- Donna Dynamo - Genius inventor Donna "Dynamo" Dinopoulos, created a wearable system to capture and store electricity from charged ions in the air. The compact design fits under her fashionable dress, while her gloves can discharge powerful lighting bolts and generate powerful magnetic fields, which allow her limited flight in a metal-rich environments such as Platinum City. Logically, what better way to field-test her new technology than through super heroics. As the resident science expert on the team, Donna often acts as an enthusiastic but scatterbrained tech mentor to Golden Girl, encouraging Audrey's mechanical aptitude and letting her assist in experiments. When not on SOS business or working on new gadgets, Donna is often found teaching children's classes at the local science museum.
- Crimson Cat - Minnie Miller was originally just a shy research librarian at Platinum City University by day and demure housewife by night. One afternoon, when bringing lunch to her husband Prof. Miller in his geology lab, she picked up a beautiful red gemstone with a strange energy signature that he had been studying. Her feminine touch awakened the mystical feline spirit inside the stone, which transformed the mousey everywoman into a ferocious female with energy claws and enhanced strength and agility. Calling herself Crimson Cat, Minnie uses her powers from the gem to prowl the night for crime and serves as the top hand-to-hand fighter for the SOS.
- The Twins - A mysterious pair of black and white women who act as the drivers and auxiliary fighters for the SOS. The highly competent duo maintains the SOS headquarters (The Lighthouse), initiates the team's emergency signal (the Lamp) in times of distress, and always seem to appear when needed, sometimes even before being summoned. They possess preternaturally synchronized movements, which is the core of their kung-fu fighting style.
- The Racketeer - A mob boss who makes a gigantic racket wherever he goes, using pots, pans, and whatever else to dizzying effect.
- Rocker Billy - A rebellious greaser who goes to Audrey's junior high and has smooth vocal powers that can compel people to do whatever he wants. He has a magic comb that instantly restyles his hair for maintaining his civilian identity. As a supervillain, he's sub-par as his cool-guy facade crumbles whenever he faces off against Golden Girl; her civilian identity has the same effect on him, although he hasn't been able to put 2 and 2 together yet. Audrey is able to recognize him in his civilian identity, but does not let on to this after witnessing Iris' failed attempts to expose her own alter ego. The only part of Billy that Audrey is blind to are his feelings for her, even when he makes it blatantly obvious. He has partial immunity to the code due to his rebellious nature.
- Jade Empress - She possesses a mystical mask which allows her to summon/create jade golems as well as a magical compass that allows her to track other magical items. She's in Platinum City trying to get Silver Queen's bracelets so she can absorb their magic, prolonging her eternal life. Beneath her glamour lies an 800 year old Chinese mummy, but don't let her frail appearance fool you, she's head of a vast criminal empire.
- Dr. Baron von Verrückt - Once a member of the German aristocracy, he fled when an angry mob chased him out of his family home (as was the style at the time) for his reckless experiments. He lost his title and his land due to the war, but never had any involvement with it having fled Germany years before to continue his experiments elsewhere.
- The Quiz Master - A consummate showman, John Barclay was the host of a popular game show "Stump the Quizmaster". Known as "the Channel Eight Adonis", because of his good looks and charismatic flair, John had it all; money, fame, and women. There was even talk of him busting out of the game show circuit and becoming one of Hollywood's leading men. But a studio fire caused by negligent workers dashed all those hopes, leaving the handsome star horrifically scarred. Donning a a full face mask and armed with an eclectic intellect, he attempted to seek revenge on the workers that lead to his disfigurement, only to be stopped by the Silver Queen. His hopes of revenge stolen from him drove him mad, and now John Barclay terrorizes the night as the Quarrelsome Quizmaster.
- Yokozuna Yeti - A Japanese man travels the Himalayan region of Asia after becoming frustrated with the state of post-war Japan and resentful of the American occupation. While mountain climbing in Tibet an avalanche nearly claimed his life, but he was saved by a family of kind yetis! The yeti family nursed him back to health, but the mama and papa yeti were slain by exploring Chinese soldiers as Tibet is incorporated into China. Now brimming with hate for the Allies, the man raises the baby yeti and teaches it the way of sumo, naming him Yokozuna Yeti and using its great strength in his war against the Allies!
- Iron Girl - Katya Stranitsa is a girl from the USSR, raised and trained to become a spy and dispatched to Platinum City in order to investigate the magical phenomenon which gathers there. Undercover as student at the local high school, she surprises everyone by looking almost exactly like Audrey Page, aside from her platinum blonde hair... and less prominent assets, although that is something only Audrey, Iris and Billy notice. She became compelled to fight against the American heroes, creating her Iron Girl persona in opposition to Golden Girl since Katya considers her to be the epitome of capitalism.
- Comic scripts or script concepts in development
- Racketeer radio show
- Golden Girl booru - Beware, full of r34.
- Posts tagged w/ The Developing Adventures of Golden Girl on The /co/llection booru - Lots of r34 here too.
- The Developing Adventures of Golden Girl at All The Tropes - Wow, they completely missed the point.
- The Developing Adventures of Golden Girl, Volume 1 at Healthy Fetish - Just a heads up, they did their own thing with it, so it doesn't really mesh with what's on this page.